Australians should train with resistance bands. According to the Better Health Channel, resistance training results to the following health benefits:
- Improved muscle strength and tone (to protect your joints from injury)
- Maintained flexibility and balance (helps you remain independent as you age)
- Weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle (your body burns more kilojoules when at rest)
- May help reduce or prevent cognitive decline in older people
- Greater stamina (as you grow stringer, you won’t get tired as easily)
- Prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
- Pain management
- Improved mobility and balance
- Improved posture
- Decreased risk of injury
- Increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Improved sense of wellbeing (resistance training may boost your self-confidence, improve your body image and your mood)
- A better night’s sleep and avoidance of insomnia
- Increased self-esteem
- Enhanced performance of everyday tasks
What bands should I use?
There are numerous kinds of bands. One of the most popular types is called the power band.
These are like giant rubber bands--the more you stretch it, the greater resistance you get. It is commonly used by Crossfit enthusiasts, gym-goers, athletes, etc.
How can I workout with power bands?
Exercise bands can replicate virtually any functional movement. Exercises like pull ups, chest press, bicep curls, etc. can easily incorporate bands for greater difficulty level.
Resistance Bands Australia offers FREE exercise videos on Youtube to help you reach your fitness goals in a matter of weeks. Start with the program below and subscribe to our channel for more free videos.
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/resistancebandsaus