Most gym enthusiasts pack up on energy before working out in order to achieve the maximum benefits of each session. The 2 of the most popular energy sources are pre workout supplements and coffee.
Pre-workout supplements enhances performance
- Increases energy levels, endurance levels, and muscle power during the workout session
- Supplements have ingredients that increase blood flow in the body, speed up the heartbeat, and improve mental focus (it also makes your skin tingle)
- Improves muscle performance
Note: Supplements do not make the person faster, bigger, or stronger. Instead, supplements simply provide individuals with an edge if they push themselves to the maximum limit.
Coffee is a good alternative to pre-workout supplements
- Increases energy
- Improves mental focus
- Caffeine also increases the rate of metabolism, which enables the body to burn calories throughout the day
- When coffee is consumed before an exercise session, it causes the fat cells to burn and function as the source of energy instead of glycogen
- Coffee is an appetite suppressant
Conclusion: Both pre-workout supplements and coffee are effective sources of energy. What matters is your preference. Feel free to figure out which of the two is more suitable for you.
Read the full article here: https://fitnesshealth.co/blogs/health-questions/pre-workouts-vs-coffee-caffeine-which-should-you-take