What is Keto Diet?--(more formally known as Ketogenic Diet). Celebrities like LeBron James and Kim Kardashian have tried it and it seems like Keto is becoming more and more popular.
- A keto diet is a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy
- Ketones are produces from the breakdown of fats in the liver
- By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis
- Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low
- The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state, which is achieved through starvation of carbohydrates
- Optimal ketone levels offer many health, weight loss, physical and mental performance benefits.
- Weight loss
- Controlled blood sugar
- Mental focus
- Increased energy and normalised hunger
- Epilepsy treatment
- Improves triglyceride levels and cholesterol levels most associated with arterial buildup
- Improvement in blood pressure
- Helps lower insulin levels to healthy ranges
- Acne prevention
Read the full article: Check out https://www.ruled.me/guide-keto-diet/ for a comprehensive guide to the Ketogenic Diet.