If you want to build muscle, you have to eat smart. Protein is key! It aids in muscle recovery and muscle building.
- Protein is very crucial in muscle building
- Protein is made up of amino acids, which is what the body needs when damaged muscle fibres are recovering
- Healthy servings of carbohydrates is also important for replenishing muscle glycogen
- Muscle glycogen is a hormone that helps shuttle amino acids into the muscles
- Foods that help build muscle: Quinoa, almonds, cottage cheese, oysters, chocolate milk, lean ground beef, soy, eggs, chicken, fish
- Deciding on your pre and post workout meal depends on your actual workout (How long are you exercising? What's the intensity level? etc.)
Check out the full article here: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/04/01/10-best-foods-for-muscle-growth.html