You hear it all the time--Drink water, stay hydrated!
Why is this so important? And how much water should we drink?
Benefits of drinking water
1) Water helps maximise physical performance. Losing as little as 2% of your body's water content can significantly impair physical performance and thereby cause altered body temperature control, reduced motivation, and increased fatigue.
2) Hydration has a major effect on energy levels and brain function. Mild dehydration may impair energy levels and mood, that will eventually lead to major reductions in memory and brain performance.
3) Drinking water prevents and treats headaches.
4) Drinking more water relieves constipation.
5) Increased water intake are said to effectively decrease the risk of kidney stone formation.
6) Drinking water may relieve hangovers, which are partly caused by dehydration.
7) Drinking more water can help with weight loss.
The 8x8 rule: Drink at least 8-ounce glasses of water per day!
Read the full article here: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-health-benefits-of-water#section8